The developer documentation is for coders who want to learn how to extend the plugin with custom fields, notifications, integrations and more.
If you’re not a coder, you’re probably looking for the User Guide.
Restaurant Reservations is packed with hooks to make it extraordinarily extensible. But the documentation is not yet complete.
When it is, it will be a handy reference for every hook, as well as the place to find best practices for extending the plugin to ensure future compatibility.
Sign up for my mailing list to be notified when this documentation is complete.
- A rough guide to coding a custom field is available in this support request.
$fieldsarray you can use to customize the form output.
- Basic Capacity Management Addons
- Simple Phone Validation
- Override the From email address used in booking notification emails
- Automatically confirm new booking requests
- Add options to block bookings 2, 3 or 4 days in advance
- Add a minimum party size setting
- Increase the maximum party size displayed in the settings
- Replace the content of the Booking Page when a form is successfully submitted
- Prevent an error from being displayed if the user does not enter an email address
- Redirect the user to a different page after they have submitted their reservation
- Hide the time field in the booking form. Requires PHP 5.3+
- Remove the party field from your booking form.
- Automatically scroll to the booking form after a submission is made
- Allow anyone with the
edit_pagescapability to manage the settings
- Add a notification tag that pulls the address and directions link from Business Profile